ProSphere is seeking a Microsoft Power Apps Developer/SharePoint Administrator to support one of our Federal clients. The Administrator, under the guidance of the SharePoint and Power Apps Lead, will support the design, development, maintenance, testing, and deployment of legacy and emerging initiatives. The individual in this position will have experience in developing SharePoint and Power Apps solutions, understanding business processes, developing use cases, and ensuring that applicable Microsoft and client standards are maintained. The Power Apps Developer/SharePoint Administrator will have experience developing Power Apps as well as SharePoint solutions, implementing security controls, and supporting administrative activities, as designated by the Lead. The Power Apps Developer/SharePoint Administrator will create workflows and reports with Power BI Automate and Power BI tools.
· Provide Microsoft Power Apps and SharePoint development and programming support across the supported customer networks and web applications
· Provide workflow automation using Power BI Automate and SharePoint Workflows
· Create dashboards and reports using Power BI
· Understanding of Power BI Measures in Visualization creation and Microsoft’s Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) Functions
· Experience with Power BI user-created columns and employing Visualizations from Microsoft’s Power BI store
· Practiced linking Power BI to various applications, including SharePoint, Excel, and Azure.
· Identify business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs by working closely with clients and IT teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge to make sound business decisions.
· Experience providing solutions, developing, and creating workflows with Power Apps
· Skilled working with subject matter experts (SMEs) to formulate and define Workflow’s scope and objectives combined with research to determine appropriate triggers and actions
· Knowledge of SharePoint List complex data types, especially Person fields
· Provide web development and version control for a Microsoft-oriented enterprise environment using Government provided tools
· Support the creation of fully deployable solutions.
· Support the construction of level of effort estimates required for all design, development, deployment, and testing activities.
· Create and update wireframes, mockups, Use Case Diagrams, and Flowcharts.
· During the development phase, use designated repository for all code changes.
· Update/create the Procedural Manuals (business processes), Operations Guides (system diagram, data categorization), and Test (unit and system) documentation
· Collaborate with the program team to mitigate all findings identified during testing.
· Work with the SharePoint and Power Apps Lead to ensure all development related documents are stored in a single document repository, identified by the Government
· Provide project status reports to the Government and project managers at all stages of the project life cycle
· Provide desk side training and support for staff, end users, and managers of applications.
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
· Three years’ Power Platform experience (including customized code, creating/modifying web parts, creating/modifying SharePoint and Power BI Automate workflows)
· Knowledge in Microsoft enterprise cloud technologies such as Dynamics 365 CRM, Office 365, and Microsoft Azure
· Experience in SharePoint PowerShell modules to configure and administer SharePoint and Power BI Automate tasks.
· Experience working on/with a team as a contributor to complete SharePoint, Power Apps, Power BI Automate, and Power BI tasks in line with organizational goals (i.e., reports and queries).
· Demonstrated ability to monitor site trends (e.g., site usage and growth, disk space usage, and growth).
· Participates in special projects as required.
· Maintain comprehensive documentation regarding Power Apps or SharePoint system configuration and operation (system diagrams, application topology, data flow, SOPs, business processes, etc.).
Benefits of Working at ProSphere:
ProSphere offers full-time employees a competitive total compensation package that includes paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, and paid military leave. Our insurance benefit plans include options for medical, dental, vision, company paid short-term and long-term disability, and company paid life insurance with options to buy additional life, AD&D, pet insurance, legal services, identity theft, and accident insurance at group negotiated rates. Flexible spending accounts and health saving account options offer pre-tax savings for qualified medical, dental, and vision expenses. The company sponsored 401(k) retirement plan has a matched employer contribution that is immediately vested. ProSphere invests in the professional growth of our employees through professional certifications and tuition reimbursement programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer:
It is ProSphere’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decision, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities will be provided. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing HR@prosphere.com or by dialing 703-810-3007.