ProSphere is seeking a Senior Software/System Architect – Configuration Management with demonstrated hands-on, expert level success in performing software configuration management for large, complex systems, including managing multiple concurrent and parallel development efforts. Expertise includes working with source code and documents, branching/merging, versioning, builds, authoritative source identification, baselines, traceability, repository management, and validation/verification/audits of all types, and developing materials to assist others in performing technical work. The candidate will have demonstrated success supporting full systems lifecycles, including inception and/or requirements/stories, traceability methods, and functional and physical auditing, as well as developing/documenting change management and other processes to develop learning resources. Knowledge and practical work experience with the job functions listed below is highly desirable. This is a full-time remote position. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
· Full-lifecycle configuration management, from product/software configuration item inception through end of life. Expertise integrating CM with lifecycle, development, and automation processes. Experience includes implementing configuration and automation management tools, processes, and DevSecOps/CI-CD methods. Expertise with Systems Development Lifecycles (SDLC), DevSecOps practices, CI-CD frameworks, automation testing, and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
· Systems analysis expertise that includes analyzing, documenting, diagraming, and presenting detailed technical and business information. Expertise presenting information for analyses, training, documentation, presentations, and reports. Expertise in CM functional, technical, and operational analysis and management. Documented success in developing CM processes, architecture diagramming, solutions delivery, and repository management, as well as testing automation and CI/CD processes implementations.
· Expertise in supporting organizational program definition, documenting/training for programs, delivering services to technical and business customers, training delivery, providing ad-hoc CM assistance, and coaching/mentoring product lines, project teams, and experienced project configuration managers.
· Expertise using and implementing product management and configuration/lifecycle tools, such as Jira, Git/GitHub, Jenkins, Selenium, ServiceNow, and a wide variety of open source, CI/CD and repository tools.
· Expertise socializing frameworks and practices. Expertise using Azure DevOps to develop and manage dashboards and reporting. Knowledge of CI-CD, automation, and cloud concepts, as well as tools and cloud services to support them. Expertise in aggregating data, implementing dashboards, and communications applications.
· Ability to create both the big picture and details for organizational program analysis, estimate and/or participate in estimating, and strategize implementation alternatives for large systems programs and operations.
· Ability to train users in the proper uses of Configuration Management Tools and environments.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other relevant technical discipline. Master’s Degree preferred.
· Minimum 7 years or more of progressive work experience in Software Configuration Management.
· Must have experience with proposing new solutions to problems
· Must be able to work and analyze both independently and as part of a team.
Benefits of Working at ProSphere:
ProSphere offers full-time employees a competitive total compensation package that includes paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, and paid military leave. Our insurance benefit plans include options for medical, dental, vision, company paid short-term and long-term disability, and company paid life insurance with options to buy additional life, AD&D, pet insurance, legal services, identity theft, and accident insurance at group negotiated rates. Flexible spending accounts and health saving account options offer pre-tax savings for qualified medical, dental, and vision expenses. The company sponsored 401(k) retirement plan has a matched employer contribution that is immediately vested. ProSphere invests in the professional growth of our employees through professional certifications and tuition reimbursement programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer:
It is ProSphere’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decision, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities will be provided. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources by emailing HR@prosphere.com or by dialing 703-810-3007.