ProSphere is seeking an experienced Application Security Engineer to provide support as a core member of DevSecOps team by performing security audits, risk analysis, application-level vulnerability testing, and security code reviews as well as developing and implementing solutions to mitigate new cyber-attack vectors in support to our Department of Army Government client. This is full-time position that can be located in Austin, TX, National Capital (DC) Region, Redstone, AL, Detroit, MI, Natick, MA, Orlando, FL along with the possibility of telework options. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
• Performing security audits, risk analysis, application-level vulnerability testing, and security code reviews.
• Assist developers create the most secure systems while enhancing the privacy of all system users.
• Develops and implements solutions to mitigate new cyber-attack vectors.
• Must have experience serving as the security engineer of complex technology implementations in an end user-centric environment.
• Brings deep engineering skills, knowledge, and experience designing, developing, testing, operating, and sustaining secure computing architectures to include cloud, data centers, and overall infrastructure optimization activities.
• Familiar with current and emerging cloud technologies (Azure, MilCloud 2.0, and AWS)
• Requires an Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other Scientific/Technical discipline and 4 years of related application security engineer work experience.
• Must meet IAT-II requirements as specified in DoD 8570.01-M (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, or SSCP)
• U.S. Citizenship (Government Requirement)
• Must have an active Secret Clearance
Qualifications Highly Desired
• Experience with white-hat hacking and fundamental computer science concepts strongly desired.
• U.S. Army or Army Future Command program management experience
• Former Military
• Well organized
• Superior attention to detail
• Exceptional multi-tasking skills
• Demonstrated and verifiable ability to recruit, develop, support, and maintain high performing teams
• Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time
• Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-20 lbs
ProSphere offers full-time employees a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, health insurance, life insurance, military leave, training, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, short- and long-term disability, 401(k) retirement plan with company matches/immediate vesting, commuter benefits, and more.
It is ProSphere’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.