ProSphere is seeking an experienced Cloud Cybersecurity Engineer to lead an integrated enterprise cloud team, ensuring strategic alignment of technical design and architecture to meet the agency’s strategic direction and be capable of decomposing business and system architecture to support clean-interface multi-team development in support to our Department of Army Government client. This is full-time position that can be located in Austin, TX, National Capital (DC) Region, Redstone, AL, Detroit, MI, Natick, MA, Orlando, FL along with the possibility of telework options. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
• Responsible for implementation of cybersecurity best practices based on comprehensive knowledge in DoD information and cybersecurity policies, practices, and legal requirements.
• Working knowledge of security scanning tools and coding best practices under Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) constructs.
• Brings deep engineering skills, knowledge, and experience designing, developing, testing, operating, and sustaining secure computing architectures to include cloud, data centers, and overall infrastructure optimization activities
• Proactively integrates security standards and best practices through all stages of development, to achieve compliance with applicable NIST and security regulatory standards and requirements.
• Coordinates and collaborates with Information Systems Security Managers (ISSMs), project team, leadership, and other stakeholders to plan, test, document, and obtain ATO for cloud systems and infrastructures.
• Design remediation for security issues and Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms) at the environment, platform, and application level.
• Mentor team members on best practices for avoiding security vulnerabilities in developed systems.
• Must be familiar with inheritable and hybrid control structures, and Continuous Authority to Operate (C-ATO) models.
• Must be capable of collecting solution requirements, documenting requirements and performance objectives, detailing metrics and benchmarking measurements for evaluation in an independent fashion. Maintains deep technical expertise in current and emerging cloud technologies
• Experience should include modern data processing environments, including cloud computing, DevSecOps patterns and must be capable of synchronizing the technical strategy for multiple agile development teams
• Responsible for ensuring strategic alignment of technical design and architecture to meet the agency’s strategic direction and be capable of decomposing business and system architecture to support clean- interface multi-team development
• Deep technical expertise in current and emerging cloud technologies (Azure, MilCloud 2.0, and AWS)
• Conducts direct coordination and collaboration with the integrated team personnel
• Responsible for supporting the Program Managers by maintaining program schedule and successful task order reporting and deliverable completion
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other Scientific/Technical discipline and 4 years of related cloud cybersecurity engineering work experience.
• Must meet IAT-II requirements as specified in DoD 8570.01-M (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, or SSCP)
• U.S. Citizenship (Government Requirement)
• Must have an active Secret Clearance
Qualifications Highly Desired
• U.S. Army or Army Future Command program management experience
• Former Military
• Well organized
• Superior attention to detail
• Exceptional multi-tasking skills
• Demonstrated and verifiable ability to recruit, develop, support, and maintain high performing teams
• Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time
• Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-20 lbs
ProSphere offers full-time employees a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, health insurance, life insurance, military leave, training, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, short- and long-term disability, 401(k) retirement plan with company matches/immediate vesting, commuter benefits, and more.
It is ProSphere’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.